With a blizzard on the way here in the northeast U.S., my respite from winter will indeed be in the form of cozy reading, with a fleece blanket in my lap and a cup of tea or coffee within easy reach! Here’s hoping the power stays on! And that everyone has shelter and stays safe.
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver — finishing this one up for Travel the World in Books Readalong Twitter chat on Wed., Jan 28.
- Rilla of Ingleside by Lucy Maud Montgomery — a heartwarming story to take the chill off!
- To Dream of Snow by Rosalind Laker — French embroiderer Marguerite travels to Russia to the royal court of Empress Elisabeth to sew for her and her remarkable daughter-in-law, Catherine.
- Venice: Pure City by Peter Ackroyd — for March’s Lit Collective reading retreat on Venice
- Stone Virgin by Barry Unsworth — also for Lit Collective theme
- Now Face to Face by Karleen Koen — historical romance by an author new to me